What is Imuno ND?
ImunoND is an alcohol-free natural hand cleanser. It contains a blend of natural components that act together to help reducing microorganisms that potentially can cause diseases.
Most of the hand sanitizers and hand cleansers available in the market contain ethanol or other short-chained alcohols. However, although alcohols can provide effective antimicrobial action, they also bring a series of drawbacks, such as quick evaporation from the skin, possibility to cause allergies, and flammability. Additionally, there is evidence that certain pathogen populations are becoming tolerant to alcohol-based handwashing. Because of these limitations, Imuno ND was developed as a natural and safer alternative for hand cleansing.
The importance of being alcohol-free
· Frequent use of alcohol-based formulations for hand antisepsis tend to cause drying of the skin.
· Alcohols are rapidly germicidal when applied, but have no appreciable persistent (residual) activity.
· Alcohols are volatile, then the active concentration of such components can decrease throughout time as it evaporates after the container is opened.
· Alcohol-based products can cause allergic reactions due to allergy to the alcohol, or allergy to an impurity or aldehyde metabolite. The allergic contact dermatitis or immediate contact urticarial reactions can also be caused both by ethanol or isopropanol, the two most common alcohols used in hand-sanitizers.
· Alcohol-based sanitizers are flammable, therefore posing a threat when misused or stored under high temperatures.